What is Lexington Law?
Lexington Law was founded in 2004 in Salt Lake City, Utah, with the goal of providing credit repair services from a legal perspective. The company grew quickly and reached one million customers by 2010, eventually opening a second office in Tucson, Arizona. Today, Lexington Law provides services to customers in 48 states and the District of Columbia. The company has sent more than 183 million disputes on behalf of customers.
- Year Founded: 2003
- Kinds of Credit Repair Service: Credit disputes, monitoring, identity theft protection, financial planning
- Fee Schedule: Monthly
- Monitoring Options: In-house, additional fee
- Customer Service: Phone, email, mobile app
- Official Website: www.lexingtonlaw.com
How Lexington Law Works
Lexington Law works in a simple way to help you start rebuilding your credit score. Any inaccuracy in your credit report can lead to negative effects on your scoreline. So Lex Law’s first step is usually to verify all the information on your credit report.
In this first phase of the credit repair process you can get a copy of your report and consult with the attorneys and paralegals from Lexington Law to decide which items in your credit report could be contested.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires credit bureaus to record only verifiable and accurate information. If the negative items on your credit report do not meet these criteria, they must be removed.
If you identify incorrect or misleading negative items on your reports, Lexington Law’s attorneys will send letters to the three credit bureaus requesting these items be removed. If these negative items alone are causing your bad credit, you’ll be back in business within a couple months.
You could do this yourself without Lexington Law’s help. Many people do. The value you get from Lexington Law includes having an ally who speaks the language of the credit bureaus. And let’s face it: cease and desist letters have a lot more bite when they come from a law firm.
Lexington Law Pros
- Highly rated smartphone app: Lexington Law’s smartphone app gets outstanding ratings from customers.
- Free consultation: New customers can get an online consultation free of charge. The service includes a credit score check, report summary, and expert recommendation.
- No initial work fees: Unlike most competitors, Lexington Law doesn’t charge customers an upfront fee.
- Three plan levels: Choose from a selection of plans to find the service and price that works for you.
- Credit monitoring available: Two of Lexington Law’s three credit repair plans include credit monitoring at no additional cost.
Lexington Law Cons
- High monthly fees: Lexington Law’s cheapest plan costs $89.95 per month, which is far from affordable for most customers. If you want the most premium package, you’ll have to pay $129.95 per month.
- Large volume of complaints: The company has been named in 14 CFPB complaints and more than 600 Better Business Bureau (BBB) complaints in the past three years.
- Alleged legal violations: In 2019, the CFPB filed a lawsuit against Lexington Law for allegedly charging illegal fees and using deceptive sales practices.
- No money-back guarantee: It’s fairly common for credit repair companies to issue customers a refund if no items are successfully removed from their report, but Lexington Law doesn’t offer one.
- Unavailable in two states: Residents of North Carolina and Oregon aren’t able to sign up for services with Lexington Law.
Lexington Law’s Credit Repair Services
Lexington Law provides multiple plans to meet the needs of different individuals when it comes to their credit repair services. You can choose from Concord Standard, Concord Premier, and PremierPlus plans.
1. Concord Standard
Cost: $89.95 per month
- Disputes inaccurate items on your credit report with the bureaus.
- Provides some creditor interventions to challenge inaccurate items.
2. Concord Premier
Cost: $109.95 per month
- Includes everything in the Concord Standard package.
- Helps remove unnecessary hard inquiries from credit reports with InquiryAssist.
- Analyzes scores for a better understanding of where you stand.
- Provides notifications from ReportWatch about potential items to dispute.
- Sends TransUnion credit alerts for instant updates on changes to your report.
3. Premier Plus
Cost: $129.95 per month
- Includes everything in the Concord Premier plan.
- Sends cease and desist letters to creditors.
- Tracks your FICO Score for even more insight into your credit.
- Provides identity protection for extra peace of mind.
- Includes some personal finance tools to assist with making positive financial decisions in the future.
How does Lexington Law help people with poor credit?
Before you invest in a credit repair service, you’re probably wondering how it can help you. Or, in other words, when and why you should sign up.
Here’s how Lexington Law can help:
- They can help you obtain credit you were previously denied for. This might include credit cards, home loans, or other financing.
- They can help you get the job you want. You may not realize that many companies now use your credit score as a determining factor in their hiring process.
- They can help you get that apartment. Almost all landlords have minimum credit score requirements for potential tenants.
- They can help you get lower interest rates. With less than ideal credit, you may still be able to get a loan, but your interest rate will be much higher.
- They can help you get lower insurance premiums. Insurance companies often use your credit score as a determining factor in what type of rates you will pay.
Lexington Law helps with all these issues by working to raise your credit score. Each negative item on your credit report can negatively impact your score, so even if they can get one item removed, your score could suddenly become significantly higher.
Here are some of the negative items they can challenge and possibly have removed:
- Late payments
- Collection accounts
But aside from just removing negative items, their credit counselors can give you advice to raise your score. For example, if they notice you have high credit utilization, they may suggest that you pay down one of your loans as quickly as possible. Or they might suggest opening another credit account.
Keep in mind that there are no guarantees with any credit repair company that they can raise your score. But this company has a proven track record of about 10.2 removals in four months on average (across all three reports).
While Lexington Law has a high success rate, there are some items on a report that no one can legally remove. And because they’re a legitimate company, they make no such false claims.
Some of the things they can’t help with are:
- Legitimate debts. No credit repair company can have legitimate debts removed from your credit report. If the creditor can prove the debt is yours and that you actually owe it, the credit bureaus will not delete it.
- Legitimate inquiries. Lexington Law will try to get credit inquiries removed that may have been obtained without your permission. But if a company can show evidence that you approved it, it will likely stay on your report.
How long does Lexington Law take to repair your credit?
On average, it will take Lexington Law about six months to repair your credit.
Remember of course that every case is different, and many of the customer complaints are based on this misunderstanding.
A lot of people are able to see drastic results within the 90 days, and most see their best results after six months, but there are some cases that can take up to a year to show drastic improvement.
These cases that take longer are typically due to extensive fraud or identity theft that requires multiple letters and intervention to resolve.
But it’s important to know that it can take time to see the results you want, and there are no guarantees you’ll see any results at all. In some instances, negative items are proven and will unfortunately remain on the credit report.
How to sign up for Lexington Law
If you’ve decided to sign up for credit repair services with Lexington Law, congrats! We think they’ll give you the best chance at raising your credit score.
On their homepage, you’ll see a phone number you can call to get started. You will also see a couple of links to sign up online.
Most people probably use the link to sign up, since it’s the easiest way to get started, but either way you will end up speaking to a representative to discuss your case.
If you’re on the fence about which service to use, however, we recommend just calling the toll-free number to begin with. They can help you decide how extensive your credit repair should be.
You can cancel your service with Lexington Law at any time by calling 800-341-8441. They just ask that you give the process adequate time for results, but most of the online reviewers said the representatives didn’t hassle them when they decided to discontinue it.
Lexington Law Login
Lexington Law login portal – https://clients.lexingtonlaw.com/login
Step 1: Visit Client Login Portal
Step 2: Enter Username and Password.
Step 3: Click on Login
Lexington Law Reviews
My credit immediately began to rise within a few months of working with Lexington Law. I just wish I would have started with them soon.Kathryn
I’ve had an amazing experience with Lexington Law. Very good communication, great customer service, and the overall results were exactly what I was hoping for.Jeffrey
I have already referred people to Lexington Law. I am satisfied with what I have seen! Understand that the process may be a bit long, but I am seeing progress.Sherwyn
Lexington Law Customer Service
Lexington Law Phone Number : 855-454-7420 or 855-681-4105
You can contact Lexington Law by phone at 855-454-7420 or 855-681-4105 for questions or to sign up for their services.
Or you can click on one of the sign up links on their website. You can also email them at email@example.com.
Check out this Video: